Peace Ambassador Program
Peace Ambassador class of 2021
Empowering young leaders in New Mexico
- Young women ages 15-18 in the Santa Fe region
- Learn effective communication strategies, compassionate dialogue, conflict resolution
- Curriculum focuses on issues of equity, inclusion, and bridge-building
- Collaborate on community-based social justice projects
- Interact with peers from Israel and Palestine, and uniquely, young women in Gaza
The 2022 Peace Ambassador program has begun and applications are now closed.
For questions, please contact Julie Shapiro: (585) 694-4658, [email protected]
Trainings and workshops convene twice a month in Santa Fe, from February–May 2022. The program culminates with online and in-person international collaborations with peers from the Middle East, May-August.
We welcome young people who identify as women ages 15-18 from Santa Fe, Albuquerque & Northern New Mexico to apply.
Our 2021 cohort was a diverse group of 15 young women from various cities in New Mexico, representing 12 high schools.
The Peace Ambassador Program teaches and develops skills in leadership, resiliency, media literacy, critical thinking, teamwork, public speaking, and community action. This year’s program will include storytelling (oral and digital), music, art activism, and an examination of young women’s experiences globally.
The Peace Ambassador Program fee is $100. Scholarships are available.